– Kala Finishing Systems –
KalaXY II 1650 Automatic XY Trimmer
If your business relies on on fast turnaround of posters, flyers or banners then the Kala KalaXY Trimmer enables you to bring in automation at a cost effective price point.
The KalaXY 1650 eliminates the need for production operatives to hand cut media to the required size by automatically feeding, vertically trimming and horizontally cross cutting media to the required size all in one pass.
The KalaXY accepts rolls of media up to 250mm in diameter and up to 65″ in width making it the perfect print finishing solution for large format print shops and production outlets.
Kala KalaXY II 1650 Key Features:
- 65″ Wide Automatic Media Trimmer
- Maximum Thickness Of Material: 1mm
- Maximum Working Length 65″
- Maximum Roll Diameter: 250mm
- Includes 2 Single & 1 Double Longitudinal Self Sharpening Blades
- Operating Speeds Of Up To 18 Meters Per Minute
- LCD Touchscreen Control Panel
- Cross Cut Accuracy: +/- 1mm
Kala KalaXY II 1650 Specifications:
- Machine Dimensions: Width: 262 | Depth: 73cm | Height: 120cm
- Electrical Requirements: 110V / 1200W – 230V / 600 W
- Supported Languages: English | Spanish | German | French | Polish
- Electrical Adjustment Of Y Blades Controlled By The Operator: No
- Automatic Alignment Of The Media Before Cutting: No
Kala KalaXY II 1650
The Kala KalaXY II 1650 XY Automatic Trimmer offers the user several easy to program cutting modes directly from its in-built LCD touchscreen control panel.
Adding an XY Trimming System into your work space will bring about significant financial and time savings into your print finishing department. The inclusion of one of these machines immediately cuts down on the labour intensive tasks in your workshop.
Employing the capabilities of the KalaXY 1650 will allow you to make better use of your cutting plotter by freeing up time that has been used to cut out print & cut files in the past therefore creating further financial growth opportunities for your company.
Kala KalaXY II 1650: Substrate Capability
- Photo Paper
- Laminated Substrates
- Encapsulated Paper
- Thermal Films
- Light & Thick Banner Material
The Trimmer comes as standard with a 3″ Aluminium Feeding Shaft used on Kala’s popular 65″ laminating systems to allow for hassle free integration.
Kala KalaXY II 1650: Cutting Modes
The KalaXY II 1650 Trimming System is operated directly from the in-built LCD Touchscreen Control Panel and does not need to be conected to a computer to be operated.
The Trimming System identifies start and stop marks which need to be added to your print prior to cutting, these start and stop marks are pre-programmed into most of the popular RIP softwares or failing this can be added in manually.
- Registration marks can be generated with most RIP softwares available on the market.
- Automatic trimming without marks at set length can be programmed directly from the touchscreen interface.
- Cross cutting can be achieved automatically by reading the registration marks or by a defined programmed distance.
- Longitudinal (Y) blades are positioned manually.
- Images for illustration purposes only.
- All details are correct at time of page production.
- Product specifics may change without warning.